Thursday, November 9, 2006

Vista Goes Gold!

Windows Vista--the product I've been working on for much of the last 5 years--has finally shipped.  Hopefully that will give me some more time to actually blog here.  It has been a long haul and a lot of work--especially over the past few months--but it is now finished.  I'm pretty proud of the final product.  I have been running it on my main machines for a few months now and it has been quite solid. 

A few months back I had a post decribing what the term RC1 meant.  At that point, I also linked to an article showing the times from RC1 to RTM of the various Microsoft products.  Windows 2000 took 166 days.  Windows XP took 53 days.  By my calculations, Vista has taken 68 days.  A little longer than XP but in the same ballpark.

Now there is nothing left to do but wait.  Vista launches to the general public on January 30th.  Office 2007 will launch on that same day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment