Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Project BBQ Reports Are Available

In October of last year I flew to Texas to attend what is called Project Bar-B-Q.  It is promoted as "The premier interactive music think tank" and that pretty much sums it up.  It is a gathering of 50 people from the computer audio and music industries to talk about the future of computer-oriented audio.  Some of the topics this year covered audio for games, the quality of audio coming from PCs, standards for software/hardware interfaces, DRM, etc.  I found it a very useful conference.  I had an opportunity to meet a lot of people in the industry and learn about a lot of exciting trends.  If you are involved in PC audio or music, consider attending.  It's well worth your time.

The reports from the 2006 are finally available.  I was a participant in the working group and editor of the report on audio system configuration.  My particular group had a wide variety of participants from companies involved in codecs, pc systems, software (me), and microphones.  We discussed what it would take to make configuration of audio simple for a variety of scenarios including home theater and laptop communications.  You can find our report here.

There are some photos of the conference available here.  I'm the one in the middle of this picture with the blue jeans and dark green jacket.

No comments:

Post a Comment